Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

In Memory Of A Loved One

August 3, 2012 marked the one year anniversary of the passing of a wife, mother, grandmother and friend who lost her 15 year battle with breast cancer. My niece came up with a fantastic idea to celebrate her memory by having everyone write a note or attach a note to a pink helium balloon. Then as one we let the balloons go to float heavenward. It was a beautiful and emotional ceremony that we plan on repeating every year on this date. We also come together as a family to raise funds for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk coming up Oct 2012 in memory of this wonderful, beautiful woman who is sorely missed. Anyone who wishes to help us raise funds please click on ----> Team Morgart

Our fond hope is that eventually breast cancer will be the thing of the past so no one else will have to lose a loved one to this horrible disease.

Below are photos I took to capture this beautiful and emotional moment.







Below is a poem sent to me in a sympathy card that I fell in love with that I want to share with others who have lost a loved one over the years.
DO NOT WEEP
by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand by my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awake in the morning's hush
I am the swift up flinging rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft starlight at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there, I did not die

Thank you for stopping by. To all the cancer survivors out there DO NOT GIVE UP!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tribute! I am touched by the closeness and love of your family!

    ReplyDelete